Boys

Sunday, September 15, 2013

The two boys and me (the mom) that started this all...

Well, here we are. I am the one sandwiched between these two handsome little men. Clay (in the blue) and Jace (in the purple) are the two most important men in my life. These two little guys are my inspiration, joy, happiness, and reason for existence. Did I forget to tell you they are also the reason for my love of chaos (only because I had to either learn to enjoy it or tear my hair out), stains in my light tan carpet, and the reason I stubbed my toe because one forgot to pick up his car track before bed? Oh, and have you ever stumbled to the bathroom half asleep in the middle of the night only to step barefoot on a Lego? I have...it is NOT fun! Yep...here they are, making their grand debut to all of you. My two sons. That is us....just two boys and their mom!
 
This blog will be filled with happy, sad, funny, disgusting, and possibly boring things ranging from my son's first homerun to cleaning out my oldest mouth because he ate a piece of dog poop when he was two (yes, I just gagged thinking of that memory...still). You may shed some tears, laugh, or sigh as you read along. The goal of this blog is not to simply fabricate a story for one's simple enjoyment (because my stories will not be fabricated), but, to share my experience, memory, and love for the two little men in my life that mean the absolute most to me.
 
Don't worry...I won't keep it all mushy and act as though I have the perfect children. Boys are disgusting...trust me, I have two...and the things I have seen, heard, and pretended NOT to notice are yet to be shared...but, my hope is that through my experiences of playing with trucks in the dirt, running to baseball only to sprint to swim lessons while doing homework in the car, and trying to teach them how to aim when they pee, will help you or someone you know take a deep breath and count to 10 when they stop in that moment, daydream of what it would be like to have that perfect little girl in her frilly pink dress standing oh-so-perfectly in front of you as you tighten her hair bow, as you are on your way to wipe yet another booger off the wall. Trust me, I know...don't hide it...I've been there too. Girls surely can't be this destructive and gross, right?
 
So, with that, I leave my first post with the following homework...oh yeah, did I forget to mention there was homework? Oh...don't leave...it's not that difficult! :)
The next time you are painting your nails to get ready for the weekend wedding you were invited to and your son asks you to play in the sandbox with him, instead of telling him he has to wait for your nails to completely dry, dig in...create a new look with those 'beachy' fingers. Go to that wedding or event, as is, and when someone comments on your manicure (good or bad) stop and catch your emotion, before you even answer. I can almost guarantee you that you will have a smile start across your face as you look down and see the smudged, sand logged, not so perfect paint job because it will take you back to that very moment...that precious moment you didn't make your child wait and you ran off to play with him as though you too couldn't wait to dig into the community cat box!
 
Think about it...then, write that memory down. Place it in a sealed envelope with the date and address it to simply 'My son'. Put this away, in a box, and upon his graduation, or marriage, or whenever your choose....give him this box of memories. It will be one of the best things you can ever give. Memories...ones caught in the moment now treasured as you remember them, vividly, for him to read and possibly revisit himself as he scans your cursive.
 
Joyfully,
Their Mom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment