Boys

Monday, September 16, 2013

My Home Decor

 
Does this scene look familiar? This my friends, is my living room. I have been overrun by car tracks, garages, and stray cars strewn about. This surely was not the décor I had imagined as I shopped for fall decorations this weekend. As you can see....I didn't get any fall decorations AND that large multi-level parking garage in the photo is the reason I didn't get said decorations.

I happily traded in my desire for some cute pumpkins, wreaths, and beautiful (yet breakable) figurines to stage around my home to make it feel more like 'fall' so Jace could get home to tear into the box and play with his new garage.

I had NO idea how large this thing was. I mean...it was a $25.00 toy from Wal-Mart in a normal sized box you could carry with one hand. Once we put it together we thought we were going to have to build an addition to the house to store the darn thing.

So, now instead of pumpkins (that would likely get stabbed with toy airplanes and Kinects), I have this large garage sitting oh-so-perfectly in the living room. Instead of a nice wreath (likely would have been used to throw baseballs, footballs, and darts through) I have a 6 foot car ramp. And, instead of beautiful fall figurines (who's kidding...they would have been broken within 1 day of being set out), I have stray cars around my house that I am bound to break a hip on when I step on one and go skating across the kitchen floor!

So, in my wonderful world of parenting boys I have succumbed to the realization that until they are about 16, they own the home decorating. So, for now...the boys are I will race these cars around the house like the Indy 500!

No comments:

Post a Comment